Friday, August 10, 2007

Envy

I hate to admit that I am suffering from a little bit of envy.

I have this AMAZING friend that has a really beautiful life and I seem to be aching to live vicariously through her. As I read her awesome blogs, I wish that just for one day I could walk a mile in her shoes. Feel what she feels and experience her admirable sense of creativity.

Since there really is no cure for this emotionally dibilitating disease, I have decided to cure it with a few things. I plan to strive to live my life better and to the fullest. I plan to work hard on being more creative. I plan to spend more time loving others and less time worrying about why my life isn't as pleasant as everyone elses. I also plan on sitting here at me computer and putting together a list of 10 things that are good about me; that set me aside from everyone else I know. I also hope to make this list as unique as possible! Here goes......

1. I make friends really easily because I have a bubbly personality that someone told me "lights up a room" :) (I like that one)
2. I can sing music that puts my children to sleep
3. I know how to make small children quickly consider me a friend rather than a stranger (danger).....is that good or bad?
4. I tend not to take life and situations too seriously and so it is easy to let go of my anger
5. I'm a good talker
6. I'm a good listener
7. I have a knack to look at pictures and draw acurate replica's
8. I'm a loyal friend
9. I love my family more that anything else in the entire world
10. I can step out of the box of my life to see where I need improvement, and work diligently on improving it

I have to say.....that was extremely difficult. Every time I listed a pro, a con would slip into my mind just to make things difficult! I tend to peak and valley in my life and currently I'm platteauing somewhere in Death Valley.

I had heard somewhere that Oprah recommended making a list of the things you were thankful for in your lives. I'm modifying that to my personal bonuses. It isn't that I'm no good, it's just that sometimes I forget what a valuable person I can be. ENOUGH of my pitty party.

Maybe I need to carry around a camera more often, just so I can remember all the beautiful things that there are to see! I need to go find my warm fuzzy place!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.......Thanks Aub for all your inspiration!

3 comments:

aubrey said...

amen to all of those fabulous things you listed about yourself especially the fact that you are a good listener. how true that is. you are an amazing woman. i wish there were someway i could pull you out of the that death valley you're in right now. enjoy thinking of going to your happy place. i love you!

Unknown said...

What a great photograph. Thanks for sharing. You're right, photography, and all the wonderful things it captures, really is a boost for lagging spirits.

Glad I found your blog today. You're welcome to come visit my blog anytime. I have a free contest running, called "Spotlight the Youth," which not many have entered so far. Some fabulous prizes. Closing date is August 31st. So why not spread the word--and send in an entry?

InspireMe said...

you're that and more my wonderful bff and i am sooo glad that our paths crossed in this world.

you do more in a day than most people PLAN to do in a week, don't sell yourself short! i am totally envious of how you keep your family on-track and you guys are always doing things together! aauugghh, what i wouldn't give for that! (although i'm trying)

i don't know what i would do without you. you're my sounding board, my reality equalizer, my sanity, and most importantly...you are my best friend!

i love you and don't you forget how wonderful you are; EVER!