Monday, August 27, 2007

Living in dorms, paying a mortgage!

I have these neighbors.

They are on the younger side, (if 23 and 25 is younger).

They also tend to live as though they live in college Fraternity Houses.

There are 2 guys and 1 girl and when I say it's a Fraternity House it is because the girl also lives as though she is a guy.I have had numerous conversations with the 3 of them letting them know that I have a lot of problems with the way they live. It's actually not the way they live that is a problem for me, (I've certainly lived that life-style and have no room to talk). The problem that I have is when their life-style interferes with my own.One of the guys in the house has assumed the role of "father" and is constantly trying to keep the other 2 in check, but just like a father, the children tend not to listen to him. So I do not have fault with the father figure. He and I, in fact, tend to have some of the same problems with the 2 children.

On Saturday night, the male child was over at our house watching the Broncos vs. Browns Preseason Game. By midnight, I HAD to go to bed or I would not be able to wake up in the morning to teach my Primary Music class. I literally fell into bed and closed my eyes to go to sleep. It seemed like only moments later that I was awakened by the children next door. I looked at the clock to find that in was actually 2:30 am and they neighbors were getting back from the bar. I pulled my pillow over my face, but it seemed to have falled off because I was again woken up. This time it was 3:40 am. I was contemplating whether or not I should pull myself out of bed and walk over the their house to give them what-for, but decided not to when I heard male child tell female child to close the garage door. She did and I fell back asleep......only to be woken up AGAIN at 4:25 am. This cycle continued until 5:30 am!

To say the very least, I was exhausted at church that morning, but I seemed to pull something off because the kids were all receptive. Including Junior Primary. (This NEVER happens).After I got home from church I really flipped out and my venting was to Jon and his friend Mike. Poor guys. Mike was at the house that evening before hanging out with all the roommates, but was not a part of the noise. Lucky for him, because I was ready to rip off his head and blow fire out my mouth in fury. He informed me that at 4:00 am the children had also woken the "father" up and he yelled at them. It obviously worked, just like a fathers reprimanding, because they woke me again at 5:30 am. Jon told me that it would probably be better if I got some sleep and when I am in a more understanding mood, then go over to the party house and let them know how I felt. I agreed.

This morning, as I was packing Sophie up to take her to school, the "father" was outside smoking, so I thanked him for assisting my in the noise control, but let him know that I felt I had been more that understanding to the noise issue and that if it ever happened again, that I would call the police on the whole house. He agreed with me that they deserve it. I suspect that "father" is going to grow weary of the role he has assumed in the house and eventually abandon the family. Can't say that I blame him. If the real estate market was better, I would too.

No comments: