Thursday, November 8, 2007

My Family

My grandmother passed away last week. October 29, 2007. She was 91 years old and had been suffering with physical pain for as long as I could remember, so her passing was a blessing.

I know this may sound morbid, but I was really excited for her funeral. I was excited because this meant that my entire family was going to be able to get together, after years of time and distance.

I had the BEST time. My grandma was the oldest of 4 children and while her brother had passed away 3 or 4 years ago, her 2 sisters were able to make it out for the service. It was an amazing thing.

I also got to see my cousins. Not all 19 of them, but pretty close.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Uncle Kirk and his family.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Aunt Syl and her family.

I was unable to get a picture of my Aunt Fran and the 2 of her 7 kids that made it out.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My family, excluding my brother Dennis.

My grandma was the hub of our family and we were able to celebrate her life together.

3 comments:

aubreyannie said...

sorry about your grandma but so fun to be able to get together and see your extended family. i love the picture of your family (even though dennis is not there)!

aubreyannie said...

p.s. i love your header. very cool.

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

You are the sweetest. And please know that I am thinking of you. Love you!