Monday, February 12, 2007

Vomit of the brain

After speaking with Aubrey this evening, I guess it's about time to post another blog. I wanted to use this as a sort of journal, if you will, to keep a log of the goings on in my everyday. It, however, is my everyday that prevents me from logging my life!

I have a little boy that is SO very different from my little girl. This evening I sat him down to a childsize bowl of minestrone soup. This little boy has a LARGE appetite and as I watched him wolf down this meal, I though of my 6' 4" cousin and his always increasing appetite. Suddenly a knot formed in my stomach as I considered my food bill that will also continue to increase as this "little boy" grows into a full grown man! I may actually have to consider making more of my meals rather than purchase them from Noodles & Company!

My daughter seems to be growing into a gorgeous girl right before my eyes. With that comes the opportunity to see her mind expand in the process. She is fond of sitting down and making cards to send to any single person that happens to cross her mind. One of my favorites was a letter she composed for me just this past Christmas. As I was in Arizona with my parents, I was packing up my bags for the return drive to Colorful Colorado when I happend upon a letter with chicken scratches. I recognized those scratchings to be those of my sweet eldest child. The letter went something like this.
"Dear Mom. It seems like we node eech othr for yers. Love SoPHie."
This was one for the books!

1 comment:

aubrey said...

i LOVE that. i love the things that our kids say that make us stop and think. or laugh. or cry. you made me remember a conversation i had with ava. how cute your kids are and YES you're grocery bill will continue to rise. he's ALREADY a big boy! when do i get to see pictures??